Sunday, August 27, 2006

Lies and Damn Lies

Things that my brother has told me that I recently found out he made up (to everyone's amusement):

1) The highest score in mini-golf wins.
-Although mini-golf is a sport built around ridiculousness, it is, in fact,the lowest score that wins in mini-golf and not the highest. The goal is not to take as many strokes as possible.

2)Every Hanukah, the Hanukah snails pull Hanukah Harry's dreidle around to every little Jewish boy's and girl's houses, helping him distribute the required 8 gifts.
-The Hanukah snails, Hanukah Harry's equivalent of Santa's reindeer, are in fact, a figment of my brother's imagination. I apologize to anyone to whom I have explained the purpose of the Hanukah snails. I am no longer in wonder why no one else in the world knows about the snails. Until a few weeks ago, I believed that they were a normal lie that parents tell their chidren in order for them to feel less "special" at Christmas time.

3) The game "Who can punch the softest" is a lot of fun and no one will get hurt.
-The point of the game "Who can punch the softest" is not to punch the softest. It is to punch your younger siblings hard while they try to punch very, very softly.

At least they never told me that I was adopted.

1 comment:

bto said...

oh.. i was told by my brother than i was found in a sewer. the pictures of me as a baby, came with the photo frame/albums. then i realied.. hey wait.. they never have asians in the photo frames!