Monday, August 07, 2006

End of an Era

Ok, so Lukasz, I'm giving in and writing a blog. Ha, now we'll see if you can find it.

I decided that I need some sort of outlet for all of my obsessing because I never actually write in my journal and as we all know, my generation is all about projecting themselves and sharing their lives with the entire world. I'm just giving in to peer pressure! Now everyone will know how much I obsess over stuff, although I never show it.

My summer: food, Spoons, bike rides, jdates, cupcakes, adventures, good times all around.

It's hard to believe that this will be my last summer vacation ever. Everyone keeps asking what I'm planning on doing next year but I reallly only have one option: work. Unfortunately, dear old Johnnh Hop was not conducive to allowing me more options. I'll be off working next summer. Who knows where or doing what. Hopefully on the east coast. I think I would miss family and friends too much if I moved too far, although I could always go to LA. It's scary. For years you get asked that question, "What do you want to do when you grow up?" Well, I'm grown up now! I know what I would like to do, who knows if I'll be able to. Life is filled with so much uncertainty at this point, it's amazing how much only a year makes. Last year all the uncertainty was about being an upperclassman, now it's about graduating, and finding a job, and a place to live, and staying in touch with everyone I love so much and finding a mate. There's a transition from being able to live from test to test, or class to class to determining my future so that I'm not left broke and at home sleeping in my old lavendar room.

This summer has been so much fun, it just slipped by. I really have enjoyed living in Baltimore and becoming a sort of transplanted local this summer. There's still so many more things that I would like to do but I know that unless I live around here next year I'll probably never get to do them. That's what scares me, leaving exciting adventures unexplored. At least we went to Ocean City. That was a blast. And I have the slighlty pink skin to prove it. The next time I take a vacation like that I'll have to worry about work and how I'm spending my own money- not my parents. I know- I'm a spoiled college kid.

I read some excellent beach trash yesterday. It's called "Dumping Billy". A guy, of course a good looking, successful one that comes off as an arrogant jerk dates every girl in Brooklyn. The interesting part is that after he dumps them, they all wind up married to the next guy they date. If only it were that easy. I've had my summer of fun, I'm leaving any more to next summer. Maybe I won't end up an old maid.

I know this is depressing, but the next posts should be better.

No comments: