Tuesday, February 13, 2007

#40: Mostly Green Curry Chicken Over Coconut Jasmine Rice

This recipe had to be one of the easiest in the book, or at least with the shortest directions. Chop everything. Put in pan. Cook. I actually made this for company so I got distracted and forgot to take a picture or accurately time how long this took me to make. Although the flavors were there, it lacked some color. I would suggest adding red instead of green peppers but I don't think the flavors of the red would go quite as well. Maybe yellow? Or perhaps add corn instead of peas, even though the peas were a nice touch. All of the vegetables that were added were green or white and it just needed something for contrast.

That being said, this is a winner. As I said, extremely easy, tasty and I love the coconut rice, I think I'll have to make that on a regular basis.

Time: 34 minutes, with less efficient than normal chopping time and a break to answer the door.

Things to remeber: Find something not green for garnish?

No comments: